Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yay, a blog!

So now I have a blog for Psychology 1010!  Kewl stuff... I'm not sure if anyone really wants to read about me, but I can repeat what's in my profile on Angel.

I like to learn and am really interested in a lot of different things.  Most of the time I am very busy.  I am active and like running quite a bit.  I have a number of hobbies I have no time for.  I like things that challenge me and push me creatively.

Family life wise, I have a husband but no kids.  We have a dog and three cats, as well as various and sundry other creatures from time to time.  We've "housed" every animal from spiders -- including a black widow at one point -- to snakes, to ferrets, and so on.  I am fascinated by animals in general.  I love the snakes in our backyard.  I love the black squirrels we';re seeing now with increasing frequency.  They're just awesome.
I have been educated in philosophy and English literature (not that I remember much lit).  I'm particularly interested in animal cognition, psychology, and behavior as well as the ethics of animal welfare.  I am a vegetarian and an ardent animal rights supporter (though I think PETA crosses the idiot line too often, and I don't push it in people's faces).  I want to study animal consciousness via the intersection of neuroscience, straightforward psychology, and philosophy.

I love love love music of all kinds, including a bunch of European symphonic prog metal bands I'll bet no one here has ever heard of.  I have no children and I'm not like most of the other people in the class, in all probability.  I'm a big geek and a science fiction and media fan with a toughchick hero worship thing.  I'm an INFP, if you know what that is.

And yes, I have been told often that I am in fact strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment