Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week 5

Well, I think this module, particularly the stuff on memory, is really interesting.  Some of it I already knew, but there was some that was new to me!  The study tips were a good addition to the textbook.

I liked the material on conditioning, and since we're trying to train our dog right now, it was useful to know more.  Our big guy is high strung, so we're trying to make sure he gets enough exercise and has tasks to occupy him.  He's really smart, wants to please us, and really seems to like learning new things, so we're going beyond the basics to some agility training.  He gets bored and unhappy easily.  We're a little cooped up in the house right now because of the snow, but we've already been able to teach him to jump over obstacles.  He caught on to what we wanted in one session, literally within a couple of minutes.  He's a mix with some Border Collie, and I know those ranked as one of the top smartest dogs.  Can you tell I love my doggie? :)

I'm also very, very glad to be back home.  No more vacations full of family fighting.  Next time it's gonna be just the two of us and the dog, and we're going to someplace like Glacier National Park.  I want to do some serious hiking/camping, and we would like to see the glaciers before they've receded too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment